top of page
• I declare I am a bona-fide sportsperson according to the rules of the governing federation of my sport and a member of the Jewish faith.
• I will abide by the rules of the sports competition and the Code of Conduct as set by Maccabi GB. In the case of a breach of these rules a disciplinary committee set up by Maccabi GB will deal with the case which may result in expulsion of the Games. I understand that if I were to be sent home that this would be at my own expense, or at the expense of my parent(s) or legal guardian.
• I acknowledge that Great Britain’s participation in the Games is from 3rd August to 13th August 2023 and that I am to be present for the full duration other than in exceptional circumstances and only if sanctioned by the Team Maccabi GB Organising Committee.
• I accept that I may only see my parents/supporter at the competition venue and will be unable to go out with them at any time.
• I agree to abide by the terms of the Charter of the Central Council for Physical Recreation as follows:-
a. to abide by the laws and the spirit of my particular sport as well as the principles of good sportsmanship and fair play.
b. to accept the decisions of umpires, referees and officials without question and protestation.
c. not to cheat and in particular not to attempt to improve performance by the use of drugs or other illegal doping methods.
d. to exercise self-control at all times.
e. to accept success and failure, victory and defeat with good grace and without excessive display of emotion.
f. to treat opponents and fellow participants with due respect at all times.
• I will immediately advise my sports Team Manager, (or the Head of Delegation if no Team Manager exists in any sport), of any injury sustained prior to the Games.
• If any changes take place relating to my medical, emotional, mental or physical condition before departure, I will immediately submit an explanatory medical letter, detailing diagnosis, prognosis and treatment.
• There must be no swapping of uniform until after the Opening Ceremony.
• Having been selected I will continue to maintain a level of practice and fitness as required, set out, and supervised by the coaches and Team Managers appointed for my sport, and commit to attend all training sessions arranged for my sport.
• I understand Maccabi GB accept no responsibility for any injury, or loss, theft or damage to personal possessions, prior to, or during the Games, nor as a direct result of the Games following the return of the squad.
• I understand and accept that the athletes selected to be part of Team Maccabi GB are ambassadors for their country, their sports and the Jewish nation, and as such will behave in a suitable manner at all times.
• I understand the decisions of Maccabi GB are final and binding at all times and in all instances.
• I will accept and abide by the rules and regulations of Maccabi GB and uphold all of its principles. I hereby agree that I will adhere to all of the rules and regulations of the JCC Maccabi Games including, without limitations, the medical procedures established by the Games Organising Committee.
• I further hereby grant permission for, and waive any rights to, the use of any photographs, motion pictures, recording or any other record of my participation in the Games or any events or occasion ancillary thereto, without consideration of any kind, for any legitimate purpose.
• I undertake that I am signing this declaration as a contract between myself and Maccabi GB.
• I agree that my actions and conduct will not bring Maccabi GB into disrepute.
Parent/Guardian and Supporter Code of Conduct
It is important that all parents and supporters of athletes at the JCC Maccabi Games are supportive and respect Maccabi GB staff and volunteers and the policies and procedures before and during the JCC Maccabi Games. The Management Team will always aim to work together with parents/supporters but it is important that they adhere to this Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in the athlete’s exclusion from Team Maccabi GB.
• Maccabi GB will not tolerate foul and abusive language or aggressive behaviour from parents/supporters directed towards any member of our team.
• Any decisions taken by the Maccabi GB Staff and/or Maccabi GB Medical Team is final.
• Parents/supporters must respect the match officials, their decisions and the opposition teams at all times.
• Parents/supporters will never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour
• Parents/supporters will not be permitted to visit the Junior accommodation centres
• Parents/supporters will not be permitted to take Junior athletes out of the programme at any time.
• Parents/supporters must provide a written request for any Junior athlete wishing to stay in America after the Games. The athlete will remain at the accommodation until they are collected by the named person as advised.
Parent/Guardian and Supporter Declaration
• I give my permission for my child to participate in the JCC Maccabi Games. I understand that should my child’s behaviour be deemed detrimental to the safety or welfare of themselves and/or others, they may be sent home.
• I hereby agree that my child will adhere to all of the Code of Conduct, rules and regulations of the JCC Maccabi Games, including without limitations, the medical procedures established by the Games Organising Committee. I will support decisions by the Maccabi GB Medical and Management Team.
• I understand that I will only have contact with my child at the competition venue and will be unable to take them out at any time.
• I have read and agree to the parent/guardian and supporters Code of Conduct and will behave in an acceptable and appropriate manner at all times.
• I hereby agree to be fully responsible for any insurance excess costs from the result of any medical treatment to my child. In the event of an injury occurring to my child; the decision as to whether he/she is able to continue to participate in the sporting competition for which they were selected, rests exclusively with the Maccabi GB and JCC Maccabi Games Medical Teams. I further agree that I will bear the cost of any transportation from the Games in the event of illness.
• If Maccabi GB determines that, his/her behaviour has violated the Games Code of Conduct or that he/she has acted in a manner detrimental to the safety of, or the successful completion of the Games, I agree to bear any costs in full.
• I agree that I will pay in full for any property or other damages that Maccabi GB has determined were caused by him/her.
• I understand that if my child is excluded from the programme and they have received a bursary that this will need to be paid back to Maccabi GB.
• I grant permission for, and waive any rights to, the use of any photographs, motion pictures, recording or any other record of my child’s participation in the JCC Maccabi Games or any events or occasion ancillary thereto, without consideration of any kind, for any legitimate purpose.
bottom of page